Parent meeting of all winter athletes: November 19 - NPAC 6:30. Breakout sessions with coaches will follow.
Please bring $/credit card to get athletes PTP and ASB sticker paid.
Bothell Girls Basketball Expectations
· Preparation - We will be prepared for practices and games to the best of our ability
· Supervision/Safety - We are here to make sure you are safe
· Measurement - We will be constantly “refreshing” our perspective of who is mentally and physically prepared for competition
· Teaching - We will prepare each athlete for upcoming competition to the best of our ability
· Communication - We will communicate honestly with both athletes and parents
· Behavior - We will model positive, appropriate, and responsible behavior in practices and games
· Enthusiasm - We will bring energy and enthusiasm to each practice and game
· Be on time – Early is on time, on time is late
· Be present – Leave non-basketball related drama/problems at the door
· Be coachable – Have a growth mindset and be willing to admit you have more to learn
· Be team first – Allow our team goals guide your own personal growth
· Be your best – You control your attitude and effort on a daily basis
· Support your coaching staff – Echo team expectations, encourage your daughter to deal with issues that arise, and disagree respectfully
· Encourage your child – Voice your pride and be their number one fan
· Respect officials – understand that they are human and doing their best
· Model positivity – be a role model and know that your child is watching and mirroring your behaviors
· Listen – Be a great listener when your child tells you the things they need
* Breaking team rules may result in the following consequences:
· First offense- Team apology and conditioning
· Second offense- Team apology and loss of playing time
· Third offense – Loss of playing time and meeting with Coach/AD
· Additional offenses may lead to dismissal from program
Early and honest communication can help our team run smoothly
The following button is an external link. Booster club websites are not controlled or operated by the Northshore School District.
The 2018-19 season is sure to be a big year for the Lady Cougars Basketball team! Head coach Erin Berger will return for her second year, along with JV coach Amber Moser. We also welcome Moriah Hawkins and Katelyn Flanigan to the coaching staff! Both have been a part of the BHS program in other ways, but will bring a fresh approach and new enthusiasm to our high school program this year.
The graduation of five seniors also brings new opportunity for athletes to step up and fill some big shoes. With a few returning players to lead the way, our group of young players will need to hit the ground running and be willing to grow and make the necessary changes that will make this team a force to be reckoned with as the season moves along. KingCo remains one of the most competitive leagues in the state, and the Lady Cougars will focus on getting better every day, playing with great dedication and hustle, and judging our success by the amount of sweat (and smiles) found in the gym after both practices and games.
Our plan is to chase our goals and build from last season, where we will have high energy on offense, defense, and on the bench; compete with a great amount of heart, dedication, and attention to detail; and displaying the teamwork and camaraderie that will make you proud to be a fan of Bothell High School.
The Girl’s Basketball team believes that the measure of who you are is what you do with what you have. From each spot on the floor and every seat on our bench, we will hold ourselves to the highest standard. You can expect our coaches and players to work tirelessly to learn from our mistakes and make the most of all of our gifts. We will lean on each other in good times and bad, building great memories and friendships along the way.
We want to thank all of our fans, parents, and administration for supporting us as we begin an exciting new season. You will always be our greatest asset and we could not do it without you. We are very excited for this upcoming season! Go Cougars!