Hello! I am so excited to join Bothell High School Cross Country as the head coach! We have a rewarding year ahead, and I can’t wait to train together as a team. Please read the team expectations and policies in their entirety below.
If you have any questions about the season, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to meeting you all and having a wonderful season together!
FIRST WEEK OF PRACTICE: THIS INFORMATION MAY BE UPDATED WHEN SCHOOL SCHEDULES ARE CONFIRMED.
The first practice is Monday, August 24th at 10:00am at Bothell High School. The first week of practice ONLY is as follows:
Monday, 10am – BHS Track
Tuesday, 10am – Blyth Park
Wed., 10am – St. Edward’s
Thurs., 10am - Blyth Park
Friday, 10am – BHS Track
Sat., 10am – Blyth Park
Beginning Sept 7, practices will be Monday - Friday at 3:00pm at Bothell High School and Saturday’s at 10:00am at Blyth Park, unless otherwise posted.
TEAM EXPECTATIONS AND POLICIES
Practices will be Monday - Friday at 3:00pm at Bothell High School and Saturday’s at 10:00am at Blyth Park, unless otherwise posted.
· Be ON TIME to all practices, team meetings and meets.
· You will wear warm ups, running apparel and proper shoes to practice. (Warm ups include running pants or tights and jacket or hoody.)
· You will be coached to the level your coach deems necessary. This may mean that some kids train at a higher frequency, volume and/or intensity than others.
PLEASE schedule vacations, appointments and other personal activities for times outside of cross country.
If you’re going to be absent or late, you MUST send Coach Mel an email at least one hour BEFORE practice, or it is unexcused absence.
· Excused absences include illness, injury, family emergencies, or religious reasons. The coaches will decide what determines an excused absence.
· An unexcused absence means you miss the next competition. After two unexcused absences, you will have a meeting with the coaches. Three unexcused absences can result in dismissal from the team.
· You must wear your school-issued uniform and proper warm ups/shoes the full duration of the meet, or you will not compete.
· You will NEVER challenge an official. Notify your coach of the situation so they can handle it. This will avoid any unforeseen consequences.
· You will thank meet officials and volunteers for their service at every meet.
· You will congratulate your competitors after your race.
· You will stay until the end of the meet unless a coach releases you. If you must leave early, your parents must email Coach Mel before the meet and a coach must release you to your parents at the time of your departure.
· At an away meet, when we take a bus, you will take the bus back. If you must leave with your parents, your parents must email Coach Mel before the meet and a coach must release you to your parents at the time of your departure.
1. Be Respectful
You will show respect toward everyone – your coaches, teammates, competitors, officials, and volunteers.
You will NEVER challenge an official. Notify your event coach of the situation so they can handle it.
2. Be Professional
You will represent Bothell in a professional manner and participate in ALL team activities and fundraising.
You will thank meet officials and volunteers for their service.
3. Have Fun
You will have FUN! If you are not enjoying your season, please let your coaches know so we can come up with a solution!
2020 CROSS COUNTRY MEET SCHEDULE*
*Schedule may be modified -- watch Kingco Athletics for any updates to schedule.
· Wednesday, September 9th at 4:00PM.
KingCo Jamboree @ Lake Sammamish State Park
· Tuesday, September 15th at 4:00PM (HOME MEET)
Bothell, Mount Si, Woodinville @ St. Edwards State Park
· Tuesday, September 22nd at 4:00PM
Inglemoor, Issaquah, North Creek, Bothell @ St. Edwards State Park
· Wednesday, September 30th at 4:00PM
Eastlake, Newport, North Creek, Bothell @ Beaver Lake
· Saturday, October 10th at 9:00AM
Nike Hole in the Wall @ Lakewood High School
· Wednesday, October 14th at 4:00PM (HOME MEET)
Bothell, Inglemoor, Woodinville @ St. Edwards State Park
· Saturday, October 24th, at 2:00PM
4A Kingco Championship Meet @ Lake Sammamish State Park
· Saturday, November 7th
WIAA State Championship Meet @ Sun Willows Golf Course
The following button is an external link. Booster club websites are not controlled or operated by the Northshore School District.
***Highlight this button and link to booster club website, if applicable.
Booster Club Website