Bothell High School Cross Country Hello and welcome to the 2021 Cross Country season! We are so excited you will be joining us this fall!
Please read below for cross-country schedule, policies and procedures.
TEAM EXPECTATIONS AND POLICIES
PRACTICES: Warm ups, running apparel and proper shoes are to be worn to practice. Warm ups include running pants or tights and jacket or hoody.
August 30th – October 29th Practices: •
Monday – 3:45pm-5:15pm* at Bothell High School
• Tuesday – 3:45pm-5:00pm at Bothell High School
• Wednesday – 3:45pm-5:15pm at Bothell High School (OR MEET DAY)
• Thursday – 3:45pm-5:00pm at Bothell High School
• Friday – 3:45pm-5:15pm* at Bothell High School
• Saturday – 10:00am-11:30am Blyth Park
*Varsity Runners will be done with practice at 5:30pm on M/F.
ABSENCES-- You MUST send Coach Mel or Coach Mason an email at least two hours BEFORE practice if you’re going to be absent or late, or it is unexcused absence. Acceptable excuses are illness, injury, family emergencies, or religious reasons. The coaches will decide what determines any other excused absence. Schedule vacations, personal and other appointments for times outside of cross country.
IMPORTANT: An unexcused absence means you miss the next competition. After two unexcused absences you will have a meeting with the coaches. Three unexcused absences can result in dismissal from the team.
• You will wear your school-issued uniform and proper warm ups/shoes the full duration of the meet.
• You will stay until the end of the meet unless Coach Mel or Coach Mason releases you. If you have to leave early, your parents must email Coach Mel before the meet.
• Thursday, September 9th at 4:00PM (HOME MEET) Bothell, Mount Si, Woodinville @ St. Edwards State Park
• Wednesday, September 15th at 4:00PM Newport, Mt. Si, Redmond, Bothell @ Kelsey Creek
• Saturday, September 18th Ft. Steilacoom Invitational @ Ft. Steilacoom Park
• Wednesday, September 22nd at 4:00PM Eastlake, Newport, North Creek, Bothell @ Beaver Lake
- Saturday, September 25th Bellevue Invitational @ Lake Sammamish State Park
• Wednesday, September 29th at 4:00PM North Creek, Bothell, Skyline @ North Creek
• Saturday, October 2nd Twilight Invitational @ Cedarcrest Golf Course, Marysville
• Wednesday, October 13th at 4:00PM (HOME MEET) Bothell, Inglemoor, Woodinville @ St. Edwards State Park
• Saturday, October 23rd 4A Kingco Championship Meet @ Lake Sammamish State Park
• Saturday, October 30th District Championship Meet @ Lake Sammamish State Park
• Saturday, November 6th WIAA State Championship Meet @ Sun Willows Golf Course, Pasco
CONDUCT -- Be ON TIME to all practices, team meetings and meets
You will show respect toward everyone – your coaches, teammates, competitors, officials and volunteers.
You will represent Bothell High School in a professional manner.
You will NEVER challenge an official. Notify your coach of the situation so they can handle it. This will avoid any unforeseen consequences with the meet, BHS, WIAA, etc.
You will thank meet officials and volunteers for their service in passing or after the final race.
You will participate in ALL team activities and fundraising.
You will have FUN! If you are not enjoying your season, please let your coaches know so we can come up with a solution!
GEAR WEBSITE Here is the link to purchase BHS Cross Country Apparel: https://bothellwashington.gearupsports.net/
We encourage all athletes to purchase the black “showtime” hoodie and black “showtime pant” as we do not distribute team warm ups.
The following button is an external link. Booster club websites are not controlled or operated by the Northshore School District.
***Highlight this button and link to booster club website, if applicable.
Booster Club Website