POST SEASON INFORMATION
KingCo Date/Location: 5/9-5/14 Skyline HS
State Date/Location: 5/27-5/28 Hanford HS and Columbia Basin Racquet Club
Players turning out for the tennis team must be able to return a ball from the baseline, serve from the baseline, and keep score. All players are encouraged to have taken lessons before turning out for the team. Proper grips on Forehands, Backhands, and serves are expected.
First Day of Practice: February 28th Practice schedule: First two days 3:30-5:30. Then varsity will practice from 3:30-5:30, and JV will practice from 5:15-6:45
· This may include Saturdays.
· Includes teacher workdays.
· No practice on school/district closures.
· All players are required to complete 10 practices before playing in a match.
· Tryouts will consist of skill testing, conditioning, and ladder challenge matches.
· Practice is located on BHS tennis courts.
Please bring water bottle and tennis racket to practice every day.
Registration is through final forms (online registration). Final forms is located on the athletic tab on the Bothell website.
Players must be registered by February 24th. Registration closes on March 2nd
All players must be cleared, (fully registered) before they can try out.
Tennis is a non-cut sport. Please go to review requirements for trying out for the team.
· 10-12 players make up the varsity team; all others will play on the JV team.
· Matches: 3:30-6:30/7:00. Typical match days are Tuesday/Thursday. With rainouts it is important to be ready to play every day of the week.
Tennis is a voluntary activity. By choosing to play on the team you are choosing tennis & your teammates over other extra-curriculum activities. What does this mean?
* You will not be allowed to miss practice to attend music lessons, rec or select sporting games/practices etc. Nothing outside of family emergency/health issues/religious ceremonies will be allowed to miss a team practice.
Eg: If you ask to leave practice early/miss a match because of club meeting or soccer game or music lesson, your coach will ask you if you have asked your club adviser or soccer coach if you can be late to the club meeting/soccer game.
* If you can’t commit to tennis 5-6 days a week at the above listed times, then tennis may not be for you.
* If there is a conflict with non-tennis activities/schedules communicate with your coaches.
* Unexcused absences will result in a suspension from team activities. Communicate with your coaches in advance to avoid an unexcused tardy/absence.
Coaches’ advice: If you are early, you are on time, if you are on time, you are late.
Student/Athletes provide their own tennis equipment and clothing. The school will provide tennis balls only. Team shirts and any other apparel items will be designed by coaching staff/ team captains for purchase. Each athlete is required to purchase team shirts.