School counselors are advocates for students’ well-being and are a valuable resource for their educational journey. First and foremost, counselors listen to students’ concerns. Because everyone’s home and social life is different and often impacts learning, counselors are there to support students holistically, as they face personal, social, and academic challenges.
- Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
- Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
- Evaluate student's abilities, interests and personalities to help develop academic and career goals
- Mediate conflict between students and teachers, or students and students
- Promote self-advocacy to take charge of their education
- Assist with post high school planning, college search, college applications, and scholarships
- Facilitate drug and alcohol prevention programs
- Refer students to psychologists and other mental health resources
- Are creative problem-solvers and put our students's needs first
Meet the Team
Students are assigned to a counselor alphabetically by the student's last name. Need to make an appointment with your counselor? Call 425-408-7019 or email email@example.com.