The College Board SAT School Day is a newly implemented initiative designed to make it easier (and more equitable) for students to take an official SAT. Instead of driving to a testing location on a Saturday morning to take the exam, students whose schools participate in SAT School Day will get to take the SAT at their own school during a time when they’d normally be in class.
The SAT School Day exam for BHS is set for March 28, 2024 in the BHS Library. The exam will start in the morning (between 8:30-8:45 AM) and will last approximately 3.5 hours. Students will have time to eat lunch after the SAT in the BHS Commons.
- Students register for the SAT School Day exam by going to https://www.regismart.net/#/login. Here, students will:
- CREATE ACCOUNT
- Select Bothell High School
- Register, and pay for the exam
- Details of the registration, fee, cancellation policy, are listed on the RegiSmart website
- Students do not need to register for SAT School Day exam on the College Board website. However, if a student wants to take the SAT exam on a different date & location throughout the year (not hosted by BHS,) they must register for that exam on the College Board SAT website.
Choosing To Test
With quarantine and the move to online learning in 2020, and the cancellation of standardized tests, many colleges and universities rethought admissions criteria. As of Spring 2022, all of Washington's public universities are at least test optional - meaning SAT or ACT scores are not required for admission - and Washington's private, not for profit colleges are as well. Below is a video that discusses how to decide to test and which test to take.
For more detailed information about applications being test optional, please see Test Optional Information from Washington Student Achievement Council.
For a list of out of state colleges/universities that are test optional please visit fairtest.org.
If you do decide to take the SAT or ACT, Bothell's CEEB Code is 480100. You will need this number when registering for either test.