Report an Absence
NEW BEGINNING APRIL 19, 2021
When reporting an absence when your student is ill, we need the following symptoms reported and when these symptoms first started:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- A cough
- Loss of sense of smell or taste.
Please identify which of these symptoms in your message.
If your student has an early dismissal you may email, call, or have your student take a note to the Attendance Office. Please plan accordingly as your student's time on campus is limited. Letting us know at least a day in advance would be ideal.
Any late arrivals will need to check in at the Attendance Window for a pass to class. Remember - arriving 15 minutes or more after the start of class will be recorded as an absence.
If you believe your student was marked absent in error, please have your student reach out to the teacher first and then to Attendance.
- More than 15 minutes late you will be marked ABSENT! (Respect your teachers and make it on time)
- You must sign in and out at the Attendance Window when arriving late or leaving early
(If you know you are leaving early come see Attendance for your pass before school, break or at lunch, don’t wait for a pass to be delivered to your class)
- Parents have 3 school days to excuse an absence
(use the 24 hour voicemail, email, or parent note)
- Leaving campus without prior permission?
The absence will NOT be excused.
(No “after the fact” calls, it is a safety reason. If we were to evacuate we would be looking for you!)
- Unexcused Absences – Becca Law
(Intervention/Truancy Workshop/Court Hearing)
- Excessive Excused Absences
The principal/designee has the authority to determine if an absence meets the criteria for an excused absence (NSD Board Policy No. 3122).