Report an Absence
Students are expected to attend all assigned classes each day. It is important that you call the office whenever your student will be absent from school.
- More than 15 minutes late you will be marked ABSENT! (Respect your teachers and make it on time)
- You must sign in and out at the Attendance Window when arriving late or leaving early
(If you know you are leaving early come see Attendance for your pass before school, break or at lunch, don’t wait for a pass to be delivered to your class)
- Parents have 2 School Days to excuse an Absence
(use the 24 hour voicemail, email, or parent note)
- Leaving campus without prior permission?
The absence will NOT be excused.
(No “after the fact” calls, it is a safety reason. If we were to evacuate we would be looking for you!)
- Unexcused Absences – Becca Law
(Intervention/Truancy Workshop/Court Hearing)
- Excessive Excused Absences
The principal/designee has the authority to determine if an absence meets the criteria for an excused absence (NSD Board Policy No. 3122).