Report an Absence
TARDY POLICY (in a given class)3 unexcused tardies = 1 hour after school detention 5 unexcused tardies = 2 (1 hour) after school detentions 7 unexcused tardies = 2 hour Saturday school
SINGLE PERIOD UNEXCUSED ABSENCES
Students who skip a single class will experience the consequences of his/her absence from class. This includes but not limited to the following interventions:
• Notification to parent via phone call, email and/or in-person
• Teacher referral to GT, Counselor, or Admin for check in
Impact on student grade in class. A student's grade may be affected if a graded activity or assignment occurs during the period of the time when the student is absesnt and whose absence is not excused (NSD Board Policy 3122)
The following pertains to excessive excused absences that are 10 or more in either a given class period/semester/or in a school year by a student:
• Admin conference with student & parent to discuss excessive excused absences
• An attendance contract to be issued to monitor attendance and prevent continued excessive excused absences. Principal/designee has authority to determine if absences meets criteria for an excused absence (NSD Board Policy No. 3122)
Thank you for helping your students be successful by being on time and in school.
- More than 15 minutes late you will be marked ABSENT! (Respect your teachers and make it on time)
- You must sign in and out at the Attendance Window when arriving late or leaving early
(If you know you are leaving early come see Attendance for your pass before school, break or at lunch, don’t wait for a pass to be delivered to your class)
- Parents have 3 school days to excuse an absence
(use the 24 hour voicemail, email, or parent note)
- Leaving campus without prior permission?
The absence will NOT be excused.
(No “after the fact” calls, it is a safety reason. If we were to evacuate we would be looking for you!)
- Unexcused Absences – Becca Law
(Intervention/Truancy Workshop/Court Hearing)
- Excessive Excused Absences
The principal/designee has the authority to determine if an absence meets the criteria for an excused absence (NSD Board Policy No. 3122).