Volunteer opportunities available during Northshore Learns 3.0 will be shared soon.
Involvement by student's families and community members contributes to a successful school experience and has a positive impact on student achievement. When caring adults participate in the education of children, students achieve better grades, have better attendance, complete homework, and show higher aspirations.
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved, including:
- Helping in classrooms, library, office, lunch room, nurse’s office, or on the playground
- Tutoring small groups in reading, writing, math, etc.
- Mentoring students
- Set-up and take-down for events and projects
- Listening to senior project presentations
- Scoring student writing
- Preparing materials in the school office for teachers
- Sharing personal talents, skills, interests or careers
- Participating on district committees or task forces
- Helping with vision screening, proctoring, etc.