Involvement by parents and community members contributes to a successful school experience and has a positive impact on student achievement. When caring adults participate in the education of children, students achieve better grades, have better attendance, complete homework, and show higher aspirations.
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved, including:
- Helping in classrooms, library, office, lunch room, nurse’s office, or on the playground
- Tutoring small groups in reading, writing, math, etc.
- Mentoring students
- Set-up and take-down for events and projects
- Listen to senior project presentations
- Score student writing
- Prepare materials in the school office for teachers
- Share personal talents, skills, interests or careers
- Participate on district committees or task forces
- Help with vision screening, proctoring, etc.
Individuals hoping to volunteer must first read the Volunteer Handbook and agree to comply with its guidelines. After reading the handbook, please complete the following forms:
Authorization for use of Private Vehicle (required for individuals driving on field trips)
How to return your application:
Current Northshore Families:
If you are interested in volunteering at your child's school, please submit your completed forms to the school's office.
Community members, Northshore School District alumni, and higher education students:
If you are interested in volunteering at school or with the District Office, please send completed forms to:
Northshore School District
Attention: Partnerships Coordinator
3330 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA 98021